Jul 8, 2022
"I still don’t know if it was good, but I did my best.
And it was the first time where I realized I’m kind of willing to
fail at something. I’m not usually. But with this, I was like, 'OK,
I’m going to do my best. And it might be a total flop. It might
suck. And that’ll be OK! I’ve never done it before!'"
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all
of your questions. This time around, I’m flying
through 42 (!!!) randomly selected listener questions, sent in via
Instagram Stories (I’m @aliontherun1), about everything from my
summer plans (I leave for World Championships tomorrow!), my
approach to running right now, balancing work and motherhood, and a
surprisingly emotional dive into my favorite Ted Lasso
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15
for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- What are you most looking forward to about this summer?
- What’s the funniest thing that Annie has said? (6:20)
- Will you bring back the Everyday Runner series? (7:00)
- Should I cut my hair off? (7:10)
- Does Ellie have separation anxiety? (7:45)
- How did you get to do a TED Talk? (8:25)
- If you could go to the Olympics for any sport, what would it
- How is house hunting going? (10:00)
- Do you follow a training plan or are you just fun running all
the time? (10:30)
- Where is a good cheer spot for the NYC Marathon? (12:00)
- What would “starting out Ali” ask “now Ali” in an interview
- How have you started connecting with pros for the podcast?
- I’m nervous about balancing a child, work, and running. Any
- Worst bathroom emergency story (20:25)
- Would you ever talk about the pay of race announcing?
- What was your very first podcast episode? (22:20)
- Do you train with a hydration pack? (22:40)
- Any ultra runners you’d like to have on the show? (22:50)
- Do you miss Orangetheory? (23:20)
- What brings you the most energy and what drains you the most?
- Tell us about your favorite Ted Lasso episode (27:00)
- How do you get past feeling starstruck when you interview
- What does your family do for the Fourth of July? (32:50)
- Favorite pre-race and post-race dinners (33:45)
- Should everyone run a marathon at least once? (34:15)
- What is your favorite race to run? (34:45)
- Did you get rid of your Peloton Tread when you got injured?
- Are you going to be the race announcer for this year’s Beach to
- Are you doing any live shows at World Championships?
- If you started a podcast about anything other than running,
what would it be? (38:05)
- How do you pick which Peloton classes to take? (38:55)
- If you had to guest teach P.E. at a local school, what would
you teach? (40:00)
- What’s a running event or distance you would like to try?
- How do you prioritize sleep with all the stuff you are doing?
- What’s on your summer running playlist? (44:10)
- To-do list: on paper or on an app? (45:25)
- Ocean or lake? (45:40)
- Do you have an emotional support water bottle? (45:45)
- Favorite shorts for running and hanging around (46:35)
- Is there anything particular that you do to prepare for finish
line announcing? (48:00)
- Favorite snack to bring on a road trip (49:15)
- Most surreal moment of the last several months (49:30)
Beyond the Run with Ali
Feller, TEDxBoston Speaker
New England Half
NYRR Dash to the Finish
My Peloton Playlist
My favorite running shorts right now:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re
enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a
rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And
if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!