Aug 12, 2022
"There was a part of me that was like, 'What if I hate
it? What if I hate this job, what if I hate this role? Because I
might! I’m not a media operations person! What if I hate it?' And
so before the trip even started, I had kind of told myself, 'Hey,
if you don’t love this, that is not a measure of success, and that
does not make you a failure. You fail at this if you don’t try, if
you don’t show up for your team, if you do a bad job, if you make a
lot of mistakes. That would be a failure. But not loving it just
means, OK, you tried something new, and if you don’t love it, you
don’t have to do it again. But go and learn and take it all in, and
what an experience to get to have!'"
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all
of your questions. This time around, I’m flying
through 31 listener questions, sent in via Instagram Stories
(I’m @aliontherun1), about my
experience at World Athletics Championships, buying a house (!!!),
living in New Hampshire, my running paces, feeling proud, and
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15
for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- What are the best and worst parts about living in New
- Which one athlete or coach did you interact with at World
Championships that you most want to have on the podcast?
- What are you proudest of this week (at World Championships)?
- Would you do something like working World Championships again?
- What was your favorite race to watch? (16:20)
- What did a typical day in Eugene look like? (17:05)
- Why was that crane there? (23:15)
- Were meals and housing provided? (25:10)
- Share more about the new house! (25:30)
- Do you miss Brian when you travel? (26:40)
- Ultimate running-related dream job? (28:35)
- What surprised you most about yourself at World Championships?
- What was your favorite thing about the state of Oregon?
- How did you pack for this trip? (34:05)
- Favorite dessert? Upcoming marathon plans? Restocks of merch?
- What is Annie’s full name? (35:15)
- Do you have any food preferences or allergies? (36:25)
- Do you like swimming? (37:25)
- Are you crying right now? (37:45)
- Sharpest memory moment from World Championships? (38:50)
- You’re invited to a BBQ. What do you bring? (39:50)
- What’s your Dairy Queen order? (40:10)
- How’s your voice? How do you keep it healthy when talking is a
living for you? (40:20)
- Who surprised you at the press conferences, in a good way?
- How did the Crohn’s hold up with such busy days? (44:00)
- Why do you do all your runs at a fast pace? (47:30)
- Will you sleep in past 4:30 now? (51:20)
- Did you go to the Saturday market in Eugene? (52:30)
- How did you / everyone not get Covid in Eugene? (52:35)
- Are your legs really that long? (53:30)
- How freaking exhausted are you at this point? (57:50)
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re
enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a
rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And
if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!